Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Seven Layer Taco Dip

I won’t say this often but I could eat this dip every single day!  It is true!  I don’t know why but I don’t get sick of it.  I got this recipe from my Mom but I am sure she got it somewhere but I am not sure where.  My Mom would make this recipe for special occasions..you know..Super Bowl parties, New Years and family gatherings.  Between my Mom and me we could eat an entire 9x13 dish full. Terrible but oh so good! =)  I bring this anytime I am asked to bring my favorite appetizer or dip.  It is always a hit!

SOURCE: Momma’s Kitchen

This recipe will make an 8x8 dish.

INGREDIENTS

1 can refried beans (whatever your favorite is works just fine)
1 cup guacamole (I make homemade guacamole but store bought would work as well)
1 cup spicy sour cream (mix 1 cup sour cream with 1 package of taco seasoning)
1 cup cheese (I use a mix of jack/cheddar)
1/3 cup chopped green olives

DIRECTIONS

Layer ingredients in order listed above in 8x8 dish.

Chill.

Serve with tortilla chips of choice.  

The great thing about this recipe is that it can be altered to your liking.  If you don’t like spicy then don’t make it spicy, if you don’t like green olives – use black, if you don’t like guacamole – don’t add it.  You get the point.  Have fun with it and make if your own (or don’t and make it like I do!) =)


No comments:

Post a Comment