Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Potato Spinach Leek Soup

You will love this soup if…

You like Zuppa Toscana….check!

You like Potato Leek Soup….check!

If you made it past the two above then you are going to love this soup.  For awhile now I have been on a soup kick.  Chili, broccoli cheese soup, minestrone soup…you name it…I made it!  My Mom recently started making Potato Leek Soup which I decided to make and I loved it.  I also recently made Zuppa Toscana and loved it.  Between the two soups I had a good amount of leeks and spinach left and I couldn’t let it go to waste. 

That is when I made this wonderful Potato Spinach Leek Soup. It is mighty tasty and is the perfect combination of the two soups that I mentioned above. 

Kyle loves both Zuppa Toscana and Potato Leek soup so I knew that this would be a winner in his book.  I was right…he loved it!  He loves spicy sausage so that is what I used and it is nice because the sausage gives it so much extra flavor.  Next time you are in the mood for soup…pick this one.  It is a little different from the usual soups and that is what makes it so yummy on a cold day!   

SOURCE: ME =)

INGREDIENTS

1 lb Italian sausage (I use spicy sausage)
2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in 1/4 inch slices
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups spinach, chopped
1 cups leeks, chopped
2 cans chicken broth
1 quart water
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Salt
Pepper

DIRECTIONS

Sauté sausage until fully cooked.



Add onion, garlic and leeks and cook 5 minutes or until onions are clear.





Add water and broth.
Add potatoes and spinach.
Cook until potatoes are tender.
Add cream last 20 minutes and simmer on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment