Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spiced Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies


…is bananas…B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Don’t you love when you have a ton of bananas that all ripen and need to be eaten at the exact same time?  Great, I know, especially when you really only like firm under ripe bananas.  ;)  For whatever reason I tend to have this problem from time to time, so I now know that I need to buy fewer bananas so I don’t continue to have this “problem”.

I love me some banana bread but one can only make so much banana bread.  I was on a search to find something “different” but not too strange or else the hubbs would have none of it! ;)  I couldn’t find anything that really caught my eye.  Everything was just so “normal” and bland until I found this recipe!! These lovely little gems have a ton of flavor and if you can’t tell from previous posts, I LOVE my spices.  (Thanks, a lot Mom! Now I can’t stand the thought of eating something bland..haha.)

These cookies were amazing!  No, I am not just saying that because I made them, it is true.  They were honestly the moistest cookie that I had ever had.  The spices blended perfectly and they were so pretty! ;)  Sometimes cookies just aren’t picture friendly but these certainly were.  I will be making these again but probably in the fall.  The combination of spices just screamed fall to me, which is okay, I love fall time! 


INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
1 cup of mashed bananas (I think that I used closer to 1 ½ cups)
1 t. baking soda
2 cups flour
Dash of salt
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. ground cloves
1 cup chocolate chips (nuts of any kind would be a good option as well)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is fluffy.
In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda.
Let sit for 2 minutes.
Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture.
Mix together the flour, salt, and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture.
Mix until just combined.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
Let cool on wire racks.






XoXo
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. My daughter could live on bananas! WE are always looking for a new banana treat, and I think we just found our next one! Nicely done...

    ReplyDelete