Monday, December 20, 2010

Twisted Candy Cane Cupcakes


While getting a pedicure on Friday I was reading a lovely gossip magazine and these cupcakes were in the magazine.  As soon as I got home I 'googled' away to find the perfect recipe.  I thought that they were simply adorable and had to make them for my up-coming Christmas Pot Luck Party at work (tomorrow).  We are doing Secret Santa at work actually and these little babies add a little somethin' somethin' to my Secret Santa's gift.  I am so excited because she loves baking. 

These were super fun to make!  I loved decorating them the most....I mean aren't they adorable!?  These are obviously perfect for the holiday season.  I was a wee bit skeptical at first about making these because I am not the hugest peppermint fan but I am so happy that I did.  I am sure that I will make these again next year.

Source:  http://bakingbites.com/2008/12/candy-cane-christmas-cupcakes/

Ingredients

2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 t. vanilla extract
1 1/4 t. peppermint extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. red food coloring

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2.  Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
3.  In a large bowl, mix together eggs and sugar until mixture is light and creamy and the sugar has mostly been dissolved. (About 1 1/2 minutes.)
3.  Stir in milk, vegetable oil, vanilla and peppermint extracts.
4.  In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
5.  Pour into wet ingredients and mix just until batter is smooth.
6.  Measure out one cup of batter and place it back in the medium bowl. (I used a little less than 1 cup and had plenty left over. 
7.  Add red food coloring to this bowl and stir.
8.  Put a approximately 2-3 t. of the white batter into the center each cupcake paper. 
9.  Put a spoonful of red batter in the center of the white.
10.  Bake for about 15 minutes.
11.  Cool, frost and decorate. 




Enjoy!! Happy 1st Day of Winter (tomorrow)! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment