Sunday, December 19, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

When making cookies I would rather just eat the dough and not even bake the cookies...it's that bad.  Obsessed...that is a good word that I would use to describe how I feel about this recipe.  I love these little things.  Trust me when I say "they are amazing!!!!!" I made these last Christmas for the first time and it was officially "LOVE AT FIRST BITE!"  I kid you not, if you haven't made these before..do so..now!  I know what you are thinking that they couldn't possibly be that good, but they are.  ;)  I am a huge cookie dough fan so this is perfect for those that love cookie dough like me. 

Source: Annie's Eats (http://annies-eats.com/2010/02/09/cookie-dough-truffles/) 

Ingredients:
8 tbsp. unsalted butter (room temperature)
¾ cup light brown sugar (packed)
2¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 t. vanilla extract
½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1½ lb. semisweet chocolate (chopped)
Mini chocolate chips (for garnish)

Directions:
1.  Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
2.  Beat in the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until smooth.
3.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture is firm.
4.  Shape the chilled cookie dough mixture into 1-1½ inch balls.
5.  Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.  Cover loosely, transfer the pan to the freezer and chill for 1-2 hours.
6.  Melt the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.  Dip each chilled truffle. 
7.  Transfer to a wax-paper lined surface.  Sprinkle garnish on top quickly after dipping each truffle before the chocolate sets.
8.  Once all the truffles have been dipped, store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

 NOTE: I am still learning with this whole dipping thing so don't judge.  It can be tricky! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment